JUNE 24, 2020
Communique: Customer Due Diligence
Customer Due Diligence
MauBank wishes to inform its valued customers that pursuant to Section 64B of the Banking Act, the bank has an ongoing legal and regulatory duty to keep customer due diligence information up to date. In this context, the bank is currently updating information it holds for all its customers.
In line with the Terms and Conditions set out by the bank, Individual and Business Account Bearers whose data might have changed during the last 12 months are kindly requested to ensure that they update the bank with the latest KYC (Know Your Customer) information and documents.
Data include Name, Address, ID Number/Passport Number, Marital Status, Phone Number, Occupation, Email Address, and where applicable Trade License and Business Registration Number.
In case of any recent change in residential address, marital status, ID/Passport Number, customers are kindly requested to call at the nearest MauBank branch with an original version of the related document, from Monday to Thursday, between 09 00 and 15 30, and between 09 00 and 16 30 on Fridays.
- Change of Mobile Number and Email Address may be made in the “Service Requests/Personal Info Update” section of the App WithMe, or on the bank’s website at:
- For change in residential address, customers should bring along a recent utility bill
(CWA/CEB/Mauritius Telecom of less than 3 months) which is in their name.
- If the utility bill is in the name of customer’s spouse, the marriage certificate should be provided.
- If the utility bill is in the name of customer’s parents’ name, the birth certificate is required.
- If the utility bill is in the name of customer’s landlord or partner’s name, a signed letter by the owner or partner and his/her National Identity Card are required.
- For change of marital status, customers should bring along the marriage certificate and new National Identity Card.
SME, Corporate & International Banking Customers
Local and international business customers are requested to contact their Relationship Managers to notify any change related to their account information.
MauBank wishes to thank all its customers and stakeholders for their cooperation.
For any queries, please call on 5944 7556 – 9 from Monday to Friday, between 09 00 and 17 00.
24 June 2020