Introduced as a budgetary measure by the Government of Mauritius in 2022, the Zero Interest Medical Loan Scheme allows citizens who wish to undergo treatment in private hospitals/clinics in Mauritius to take a loan free from interest.
- The minimum loan amount is MUR 50,000 and the maximum is MUR 1 million.
- Repayment is up to 7 years (84 months inclusive of the moratorium period of 12 months on capital).
- The interest rate payable by the borrower under this scheme is zero (0) % per annum.
- This scheme applies to households (husband and wife jointly or single parent), whose total gross income does not exceed Rs 200,000/- per month, and who choose to undergo treatment in a licensed private hospital.
- Any Mauritian Citizen residing in Mauritius for at least six months prior to the treatment.
- The scheme is open to MauBank and Non-MauBank customers.
The beneficiary or borrower can apply for the loan to undergo treatment at a licensed private hospital registered with the Ministry of Health and Wellness in MRU.
- The Beneficiary is the person receiving the treatment.
- The Borrower is any family member of the beneficiary or any other person who agrees to take the zero-interest loan on behalf of the beneficiary.
The Beneficiary is eligible for the special zero-interest loan, for more than one (1) treatment, subject to his/her repayment capacity.
List of Private clinics/hospitals registered under this scheme
Nouvelle Clinique du Bon Pasteur Ltée
La Clinique Mauricienne
Chisty Shifa Clinic
Clinique Ferrière de Bon Secours
C Care Wellkin
C Care Darné
City Clinic Group
Pajr Medical Ltd
Medisave Company Ltd
Aegle Cancer Hospital
Jyoti's Clinic Ltd
Care and Science Health Diagnostic Ltd
Life Together Medical Clinic Ltd
Les Mariannes Wellness
(As at December 2022).
Documents needed to apply for the loan
- Identity Card of borrower and beneficiary
- Recent proof of address not more than 3 months of borrower and beneficiary
- Birth Certificate of borrower
Additional documents required if borrower is self-employed.
- Business Registration Card.
- Trade license or any other relevant license.
- MRA return for last 2 years.
Treatments not covered under this scheme
- Cosmetic surgery
- Hair transplantation
- Liposuction and any other diseases as may be approved by the Ministry of Health and Wellness and Association of Private Clinics
|Download application forms here:|